"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication." Friedrich Nietzsche

Monday, July 31, 2017

TESTING NEW GLASS


I acquired a new lens about 10 days ago. The first subjects that I used it on were flowers which I've already posted here. I was anxious to try it for portrait work. This weekend I took advantage of the fact that my wife would be around...so after coaxing her a bit...and allowing some time for makeup I got to try out the new glass. 


©Andy deBruyn

Tech specs - Lens: Nikkor 24-120mm on a Nikon D750. I also wanted to play around with lights so if you're interested here is the set up -

There are four lights in this image.

I was about six feet from the subject and behind me was a huge 64" PLM white umbrella. Shooting thru that was the Alien Bee 800 set to very low power to give me a fill of underexposure - around f2/f2.8.

The key was from left and up. Key was an off camera flash fitted with a Lumiquest ltp and that was pushed thru a 24x36 flag of China 1/3 Silk to give me a very soft light. Key was around f4.

The other two light were Arri Peppers. One gave just a puff of light on the background and the other a 3/4 hair light again on the left.    


Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment