"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Friday, June 16, 2017

LOOKING BACK

©Andy deBruyn

I was reading another photog's blog today and he was comparing some of his images from years ago - basically seeing how far digital cameras have come.

So that prompted me to look at some of my older images.

This one is my son taken in June of 2009...now I'm not a pixel peeper...you know those who look really really deep into the image, blowing it up a hundred percent to see whatever is hiding in the shadows.

For me, if the image "works" - then that's just peachy keen. I'll forgive technical frailties. I like this picture a lot. A little daylight behind the curtain, the lamp is lighting the chess pieces and the left side of the face.
(back when kids actually read books...sob sob)

Taken with the ancient Nikon D80 (10MP) hand held at 1/20th ss, 160 ISO, f5. No post - straight from the camera just reduced for the web.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment