"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication." Friedrich Nietzsche

Sunday, May 7, 2017

TREES AND LIGHT

After studying trees by Giorgione, Rubens, and Rosa Saturday evening, I had to go out with my camera and try and get some nice tree shots. These were taken around 9am this Sunday morning with the sun as a backlight.




 ©Andy deBruyn

I had the camera, Nikon D7000, on a tripod in aperture mode at f9 with ISO set to 100. I removed the UV filter and replaced it with a polarizer. The shutter was tripped by the timer. The shutter speeds were around 1/25th of a second. And I fiddled with the exposure comp to try and save highlights and still retain shadow detail.

Click any image to isolate on black.
Thanks for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment