"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Sunday, April 2, 2017

SURREAL IN DALLAS


©Andy deBruyn

This is an image I made a number of years ago in downtown Dallas. I shot it with a Nikon D80, my first real digital camera. I had only been shooting digital for a few months.

Except for some light sharpening this is pretty much out of camera. The light was surreal, the sky was this murky greenish-grey (smog?) and the setting sun was shooting shards of light down the street. I remember looking up and seeing this strange combination of colors and light patterns. It seemed so ominous.

Thanks for stopping by.


The Dallas Hyatt.

No comments:

Post a Comment