"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication." Friedrich Nietzsche

Thursday, January 26, 2017

MACALLAN FOR BREAKFAST




©2017 Andy deBruyn

I made this image about 20 minutes ago in my office. It was about nine o'clock in the morning. The glass in the background has about a finger and a half of liquid in it. It is actually ice tea. Although I do enjoy my Macallan at night, I wasn't about to try a shot so early.

Tech Specs: The camera was the Nikon D7000 set to RAW and manual mode. Camera on it's usual tripod, focus through live view, and shutter release using the timer.

ISO 200, 1/250th of a second at f1.4. The lens is my favorite Nikkor 50mm, f1.4 AI, which is about 30-40 years old, hence the need to set the camera to manual. No filter. White balance set to auto.

I used two uncorrected ARRI pepper 100watt lights with barndoors for lighting.

Very little done in post - two minutes at most. A slide to the right for contrast and a bit more to the
right for clarity. Done.

Click image to isolate.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment