"You carry Mother Earth within you. She is not outside of you. Mother Earth is not just your environment. In that insight of inter-being it is possible to have real communication with the earth, which is the highest form of prayer." Thich Nhat Hanh

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

EYE PLACEMENT IN PORTRAITS

©Andy deBruyn


Last night I was lecturing at the local library on photographic composition. It was an hour long class so I had to take notes from a previous four hour class and reduce it to just nuggets of information.

I certainly wasn't feeling my best as I was dealing with a bad case of allergies. I was doing all I could to keep from coughing. Apologies to my class surrendered.

So at one point I wanted to talk about eye placement in portraiture but for the life of me I couldn't remember the man's name that studied this phenomenon. My head felt it was full of cotton.

Anyway, Christopher W. Tyler was the gentleman and if you are interested in portraiture you might give his white paper a look see. Just google his name with Eye Placement Principles.

Also you can google "left eye placement in portraiture" - it's actually a very interesting subject and has a number of conflicting opinions but check it out so you know it's there and perhaps can utilize these principles in your portrait work.

Thanks for stopping by...now where was the box of tissues??

No comments:

Post a Comment