"There are days when the mere act of seeing feels like pure joy" Robert Doisneau

Monday, August 22, 2016

STUDY OF A WEIRD SHAPED PEPPER

                                                                                                                ©2016 Andy deBruyn

I woke up this morning with an urge to shoot something on my crafts table. After rummaging around the vegetable and fruit drawers I arranged them on the table thusly.

The only light is an Arri 300w fresnel fitted with a double scrim from the left. I placed two black pieces of foamcore together and with the light behind them I slowly pulled them apart until I got about a 2 inch sliver of light. Covered most of the slit with full CTO. (heavy orange filter)
left a little open on the bottom and slipped a piece of 250 diffusion over that. (that's the whitish blue light hitting the lime on the left.)

Shot with the D7000 on a tripod, tripped shutter with a cable release. Used a Nikkor 35mm/50mm DX lens at ISO 100, f3.5 at 1/20th ss.

Click image to isolate.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment