"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Monday, August 29, 2016

MINING GEMS



Both of these images are scanned photos shot on film. The top one is from a series of production shots on a short film I lit and the bottom one is an early personal one of my wife. The look of film still enchants me. I love the ease of digital which is great when shooting weddings or fast moving events where you end up with hundreds of shots and the editing and posting is just a matter of a good workflow. But I miss the days when you had a roll of 36 shots in your film camera and you had to make each one count. Both these images are just the one shot.

I've mentioned in another post that I am slowly (s-l-o-w-l-y) going through thousands of film shots from early in my career. Every so often a gem pops up.

Click image to isolate against black.
Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment