"You carry Mother Earth within you. She is not outside of you. Mother Earth is not just your environment. In that insight of inter-being it is possible to have real communication with the earth, which is the highest form of prayer." Thich Nhat Hanh

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

ALA' MORANDI

Every so often I come across an artist's name that I haven't thought of in a long time. I've admired so many. I can't remember exactly where Giorgio's name came up but from somewhere I was directed to a New York Times article. It was either from art surfing or a magazine, like Art Forum.  From there, I read several NYT articles.

Giorgio Morandi.

Whenever I see or hear something I really like I tend to go overboard and try and absorb the essence like a giant reef sponge. At some point I'll get it out of my system. But not entirely of course. Everything that affects you deeply changes your atoms a bit.

After reading the articles and looking at several galleries of his pictures I went into my office this morning with a cup of Sulawesi and a couple of cookies and I started shooting.
Ala' Morandi. Less the muted colors.





All images ©2016 Andy deBruyn


Click top image for scrolling through.
Thanks for stopping by.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment