"Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time's relentless melt." Susan Sontag

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

A NOD TO MR. FONTANA

I have always recognized the photographers that have been an influence on me. From the very big influences like Aaron Siskind, Wynn Bullock, and Brassai. Today I give the nod to Franco Fontana.

I first saw several of his images in a photography magazine I purchased back in the seventies. I believe I still have that magazine somewhere in my closet. 
His landscapes and use of color were stunning.

The two images I am posting today certainly illustrate the influence of Mr. Fontana, although at the moment I made these images, some forty years later, his name was not on the tip of my mind but he was somewhere back there slipping through the layers of time.   





All images on this blog are © by Andy deBruyn
Click on image to isolate.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment