"Because nothing worth knowing can be understood by the mind." Woody Allen

Monday, February 8, 2016

SPAGHETTI AT THE GETTY WITH A YETI

Actually, I was hoping to have spaghetti at the Getty...but couldn't find a yeti.
So I ended up having a portabello sandwich - which was excellent. The cafe at the museum
was really top notch. One of the best museum cafes I've experienced.



Inside the museum are the Rubens and Monets but I didn't take any pictures because
I just couldn't do them the least bit of justice. Besides there's some great high rez images on
the internet.  


The grounds are peppered with stand-only statutes which I love. 
                            You can see that the museum staff really gave thought to placement.


 How do these works of art occupy space? Do they push or pull it?


A little bit of linear vertical poetry. Will the top portion collapse or float away?

        A Henry Moore - you cannot call yourself a fine museum unless you have at least one Henry.

Thanks for stopping by.
©2016 Andy deBruyn

No comments:

Post a Comment