"You carry Mother Earth within you. She is not outside of you. Mother Earth is not just your environment. In that insight of inter-being it is possible to have real communication with the earth, which is the highest form of prayer." Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, February 5, 2016

PITCHER LIST

I don't really have a Bucket List, at least not one that I've written down but I do have a
Pitcher List*. There are so many things on this planet that I would love the chance
to capture and interpret through my photography.

Last weekend I got to scratch one off the list, The Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles. 


Architecture is one of my preferred subjects to shoot and the WDCH has been and is on the top of the list. The best example of deconstructivism applied to architecture. 



I just think this is phenomenal - to realize that somebody, architect Frank Gehry, took this idea from his mind, put it on paper and then had it realized...in downtown Los Angeles no less.  


The history of this building is itself amazing - wikipedia has a pretty good summary of the effort it took to make this building happen.

I guess if I did have a Bucket List on the top would be to experience Gustavo Dudamel conducting Beethoven's Third Symphony Eroica here.



*pun intended - mis spelling intended - but you knew that.

Click images for isolation on black.
All images ©2016 Andy deBruyn

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment