"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication." Friedrich Nietzsche

Friday, January 1, 2016

MIRO @ THE MCNAY

Yesterday I posted the first part of my end of the year jaunt with images from Lockhart. 
Today I'm posting some images from the McNay Museum in San Antonio. I went there specifically to see the Joan Miro exhibit which ends January 10.
Photography was allowed throughout the museum except the Miro.
If you are familiar with Miro, I suggest a visit would be most rewarding.


You can google the museum for info,  mcnayart.org.


                                       Nicolas Africano - google this guy - his work is gorgeous

I love Barbara Hepworth's work.

Sandy Skoglund  - Cheez Whiz?? Most coolest. They actually move!...very slowly. 

                                                                       The Koi in the patio.


                                                          Alexander Liberman

                                                               Ascent - detail

                                                                         Kiki Smith

Yesterday I thanked my "readers" - I probably should have said "viewers" instead since I really don't write much. This blog is mostly about imagery. I feel my images "say" everything that needs to be said. I talk with pictures.

Besides my writing is kind of  *squankee (?) with questionable syntax applications. Growing up in a household with two languages (Italiano and Americano) can do that to you.

Do Electric Sheep Dream in Italian?    just asking.

Click images for slides with black background.


All images ©2016 Andy deBruyn                                                   Thanks for stopping by.
*I made that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment