"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Friday, January 1, 2016

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Best Wishes to all my readers for a wonderful New Year...2016!!!

Yesterday, the last day of the last year to be clear, I headed on down to San Antonio to visit the McNay Museum. The Miro exhibit is winding down (leaves Jan 10th) and it was on my list of things to do. If you like Miro this is a must. I was really thrilled to see so many free standing sculptures of his in addition to his paintings. 


I took 130 south and made a detour at Lockhart because I also wanted to see their County Courthouse.
Today I'm posting images from my walk around Lockhart.





Slightly different coloring from the front because it's facing the morning sun. These
were taken between 8:40 and 9:45 as recorded by the courthouse clock.







All images ©2016 Andy deBruyn

Tomorrow I'll post images from the McNay. 

Thanks for stopping by.


Before heading down 130, I dropped one of my boys off at the airport. This sculpture by Eric Eley is by the Cell Phone Lot. Made in 2015 in bronze.

No comments:

Post a Comment