"Yea, all which it inherit - shall dissolve, and like this insubstantial pageant faded, leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff as dreams are made on - and our little life is rounded with a sleep." Tempest Act 4 William Shakespeare

Thursday, December 3, 2015

ADRIENNE - CHANTEUSE


Yesterday I had the delightful chance to photography Adrienne Bennett, a very talented songwriter and musician. (plays banjo, too!) Photo session took place at Hyde Park in Austin around  10am.

The first two images I used my lovely Nikkor 50mm f1.4 lens. It's an older AI lens so requires manual focus and camera in manual. I love the way it paints the light.




Today's lenses are great but sometimes a bit harsh so I will soften them a smidge
with a black net or filter.

For the bottom images I used the kit lens, 18-135mm, with a black net.





Thanks for stopping by.


More lighting info?

For the top two images, I used an off camera flash fitted on a Matthews Magic Finger set to 1/8th +0.7 power to the left about 6 feet away with full CTO. There's a silver Lowell reflector right twenty feet away on the other side of the street. It's extremely effective.

The bottom two images is just natural light. Sunlight from 3/4 back through a white umbrella with the Lowell reflector below angled for just a little spill.  

All images ©2015 Andy deBruyn

No comments:

Post a Comment