"You carry Mother Earth within you. She is not outside of you. Mother Earth is not just your environment. In that insight of inter-being it is possible to have real communication with the earth, which is the highest form of prayer." Thich Nhat Hanh

Thursday, November 19, 2015

WHITE AND LIGHT STUDIES

The beautiful white orchid I bought last month is still going strong. Kinda. How strong? I'm not sure. It still has a full array of petals but they are losing mass having become thinner in the past week.

Yesterday I played with this thinness by applying light using only the sun coming in the window.






Using just the 50mm lens with the UV filter removed I added  close up lenses of +1 and +2.

Handheld using a full apple box for support for my elbow. Everything was shot in shutter priority so I could make sure camera shake was at a minimum.

All images ©2015 Andy deBruyn

Click image for black background.

Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment