"You carry Mother Earth within you. She is not outside of you. Mother Earth is not just your environment. In that insight of inter-being it is possible to have real communication with the earth, which is the highest form of prayer." Thich Nhat Hanh

Friday, October 2, 2015

AN ORCHID BY ANY OTHER NAME


I love orchids. Phalaenopsis by its genus name or just Phal if you're in with the orchid geeks.
 I went to the grocery store this morning and the flower section had these gorgeous orchids, I couldn't resist, I had to bring one home.


I usually try and use natural light for flowers and this one is no exception. This is just window light with feathered china silk diffusion and a couple of reflectors. I'll post a behind the scene tomorrow.


Tech specs - Nikon D7000 with the Nikkor 50mm f1.8 lens with UV filter removed. ISO 100. I used the sweet spots of the lens going between f5.6 and f7.1. Shutter speed was around 30-40ss, camera on a tripod (except bottom image) tripped with cable release.

Post consisted of a small amount of sharpening, a slight bump in vibrance - and that's about it.

All images ©Andy deBruyn

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment