"Yea, all which it inherit - shall dissolve, and like this insubstantial pageant faded, leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff as dreams are made on - and our little life is rounded with a sleep." Tempest Act 4 William Shakespeare

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A GOOD WIND AND PUFFY CLOUDS

VETERAN'S MEMORIAL PARK - CEDAR PARK, TEXAS ©Andy deBruyn

I shot this image last Tuesday the same day I was next door at the Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple. I actually went out that way to shoot the memorial. I was waiting for two things to coincide...one - a good strong to wind that would give the flags some heft, instead of just hanging there...and puffy white clouds to put some texture in an otherwise plain blue sky.

If I find something that I would like to shoot but the conditions aren't right (at least for me) I will wait...I am a very patient shooter...I've been known to wait years to get an image. The stars and pixels need to align.

TECH INFO - Nikon D7000, 18-135mm lens set to 30mm, ISO 100, f9 ss 1/320 with an exposure compensation of -0.7 to keep the clouds and white parts of the flags from clipping at 256.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment