"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Monday, July 20, 2015

TONAL STUDIES AT LADYBIRD

On some cameras there's a mode called User Mode where you can pre-set shooting preferences and then when you need them you just spin the top dial to either U1 or U2. The Nikon D7000 has two user settings. You can select any color combo you want or as on my U2 mode, I've set it for black and white. Obviously you can perform black and white changes later in P/S but I find that if I set U2 in the field I start to think in b&w. Since I've shot thousands of black and white images in my time with Tri-X or Ilford HP films I can easily switch my head into a different visual search mode.

These images were made at the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center.      







I added some minor tonal changes in post.

The LBWC was co-founded by Ladybird Johnson and the actress Helen Hayes but I guess adding her name to the title would make it a little too long besides not too many people know the name Helen Hayes...a very wonderful actress....stage, film, author....

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment