"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication." Friedrich Nietzsche

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

COFFEE FUELED KANT

Images, some from five to six years ago. 
I was going to write something about post-Kantian reductions and/or object oriented ontology.
But hey they're just photographs...or are they?  
I'm never sure what possessed me to make some images over others but it's a visual thing so I'm not going to try and explain it to myself. I'm not a writer which is a good thing. I'll stick with Elliot Erwitt's  observation that "The whole point of taking pictures is so that you don't have to explain things with words."












This morning I was reading an article about Immanuel Kant and object oriented ontology and drinking some pretty strong coffee. The brand had Kick Ass in the title.
So it must have been coffee fueled Kant or Kant fueled coffee.
I wonder how Mr. Kant would have approached an explanation regarding the photographed object? 
He did say, "to think an object and to know an object are by no means the same thing"

OK, so I'm going out on a noumenal limb here and do some interpolating...
"to think an object and to know an object and to take a picture of an object are by no means the same thing"   He would have said that?? right?? 

Click image for slides.
All images ©2009 - 2015 Andy deBruyn
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment