"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication." Friedrich Nietzsche

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

MORNING IMAGES WITH AN OLDER DIGITAL CAMERA



Some images I made this morning while having my espresso. Two espressos in a row will do that to you.  I just liked the patterns set up by the morning sun streaming through the blinds.


Took these with a Nikon D70. (digital camera debuted in 2004 for a list price of  $999. You can find them in good condition today for around $125.)  Lens is a 40 year old Nikkor 50mm. I use this lens a lot - I love the way it paints the light in the sensor.

BTW - The D70 uses a CCD sensor instead of the currently popular CMOS that's in most cameras today, except for a few point and shoots. The CCD has a completely different look and feel than a CMOS chip. I personally prefer it for portraits.


Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment