"Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time's relentless melt." Susan Sontag

Sunday, June 7, 2015

FLOWERS IN MY FUTURE



After playing tourist in California for a couple of weeks then coming back and wandering the Collings Guitar factory for several hours making quick fly on the wall portraits of the craftsmen I need to go back and revisit some of my favorite things...one of which are flowers. I have a couple
of projects in mind. I'll start gathering props and designing backdrops this week.

I need to see what I can find out in the fields and at my local florist.

A lot of my pre production notes are just rough sketches on paper to give me ideas about forms, shapes, and placement. If you've seen some of my table top work you know that I spend hours just
doing the set up then the actual picture making only takes a couple of minutes.

So keep in touch.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment