"Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time's relentless melt." Susan Sontag

Thursday, June 11, 2015

CALLA LILLIES BY THE WINDOW


I went to the grocery store this morning to pick up some cheese and they had these fresh Calla Lillies in the floral department for the very inviting price of seven dollars. They're young and several weeks from being full grown. I love the undulating curves plus there's a beautiful color transition from white, white/lavender, to white/purple.






The only light here is window light from the left plus a large 10x24 inch reflector on the right. I was hand holding a circular 22" gold reflector from the top. I adjusted the balanced background by pulling the window curtain back and forth until the ratio was "correct".

I took some behind the scenes which I'll look at tonight.

I'll probably make some images as the smaller flowers mature. Right now they're still nestled in tight, they should expand upward over the next couple of weeks.

The camera is on a tripod, mounted with a 50mm lens sans filter. Shutter tripped mirror up with a cable release.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment