"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

JEWELS IN THE RAIN

In Georgetown is the Sunken Garden. I try and visit several times a year. This morning was my second time this year. A visit last month didn't yield much but today there was an abundance of colorful lively flowers soaking up the rain.
It was barely drizzling when I arrived around 9am. 


But pretty soon it started to pour and like a knight on a quest I kept shooting with my D7000 which is supposed to be water proof. I'm not so I got soaked. But it sure was fun.





                                                               Here the lens started to fog.


The only lens I used was the Nikkor 35mm DX/50mm FX with the NC filter pulled. On the images where it's predominantly one flower I used a 2x close-up filter.


Click images for bigger. All images ©2015 Andy deBruyn

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment