"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication." Friedrich Nietzsche

Saturday, April 11, 2015

HALEY'S SENIOR PICTURES

©2015 Andy deBruyn

This past week I had the privilege of photographing Haley's senior pictures. It was a fun shoot with lovely sunlight coming and going from behind clouds. Moving clouds makes for a more intense shoot because the photographer has to play with everything from a strong back light to a soft shadowless light.


I tried to get several different looks with one lens, my 18-135mm. I brought a couple of other
lenses, a 50 f1.8 and a 50 f1.4. I wanted to mix the lenses up a bit but the wind was breezy and I was afraid of switching lenses outdoors with that breeze and getting swirling pollen in the camera.


Most of the shoot I used a Nikon SB600 fired through a 42' Westcott white umbrella. And towards the end when it got really breezy I opted for the on camera flash like this one.  The on camera flash does a really good job when conditions prevent an off camera approach.


Taken about forty minutes before sunset. This is just the on camera flash dialed in manual to half power. The ISO was 200.

I produced a number of different looks just using focal lengths, f-stops. and the off camera lighting sometimes in close and other times back about eight feet.  

A huge appreciative shout goes out to Haley for choosing me and thanks to Haley's mom who helped with clothes, accessories, and location support.  Thanks again to all.

Click images for bigger.

All images ©2015 Andy deBruyn
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment