"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

BUTTERFLY EYE


I thought I was done with my selects from yesterday's butterfly trek but giving the contact sheet one last look I picked out this one. You can see one buggy eye and enough of both sides of the wings to compare colors. Granted these aren't macro shots but I managed to get pretty close using the long end of the 18-135mm and keeping it there. I turned off the auto focus because the slight movement in the flowers from the breeze made focus pump in and out. Pre-focused I would just wait for one to land.



All images on this blog ©Andy deBruyn

Click image for bigger.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment