"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication." Friedrich Nietzsche

Monday, April 27, 2015

BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE


Went for a walk in the park around 1 oclock today, butterflies were everywhere.


It was harder to capture the top because they didn't hold that  position very long. It seemed like just milliseconds. For once they latched onto some nectar they closed their wings and drank. 
Actually the underwings are more interesting than the top sides which are also very beautiful.


If you look closely at this shot it looks like the butterfly is actually rubbing his head right into the nectar. 


When I first went up to the field they flew away so I stood there very quietly even tucked my arms into my sides and just mellowed out . After about twenty minutes...yup about twenty minutes they took me as part of the landscape.


I was standing mostly in the same spot for about an hour to get these images.
I used a polarizer to accent the color so I pushed the ISO to 400. Most of these are 1/125th ss at f5.6.


Managed to get one good one top side but even then the edges are flapping so fast there's a little blur.
I could have opted for a higher ISO but at other costs.

Click images for BIGGER.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment