"Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time's relentless melt." Susan Sontag

Monday, April 20, 2015

AUTOCHROME LOOK

©2015 Andy deBruyn

I am posting one final image of Haley from last week. I loved the colors of her shirt against the green background but I also wanted to play around with the Lumiere Autochrome look.

The Autochrome look was invented by the Lumiere Brothers and popular in the first part of the 20th century.

Image made with the 18-135mm lens set around 58/60 which gave me the 90mm look I wanted. ISO 200, f5.6 with +3 exp comp, handheld at 1/60th of a second. Light from a strobe through an umbrella.


My thanks to the Lumiere Brothers for their many techniques and inventions...still an inspiration after all these years.

Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment