"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

A RIOTOUS SYMPHONY OF COLOR


These images of multi colored flowers in a field are like symphonic scores to me.
They're the equivalent, albeit a different sensation, of an auditory experience,
multi-layered and polyphonic. Polyvisual?




©all images 2015 Andy deBruyn


I think the cells in your brain literally change after spending a little time among the variety of light waves from different points in the color spectrum.

Walking (respectfully I may add) among these flowers with a camera is my Tai Chi, it's my morning yoga. Bees buzzing past my head, a gnat up my nose is part of the experience.

ISO 200, camera in program mode, 18-135mm lens.


Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment