"Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time's relentless melt." Susan Sontag

Thursday, March 26, 2015

OH, THAT MEATYARD !!



Went to the Blanton Museum this morning to see the exhibit of Ralph Eugene Meatyard. REM was a photographer whose work I was made aware of back in photo school, The Art Institute of Boston, ('75)

The Blanton in cooperation with the Harry Ransom Center Collection has 50 or so of his images on display March 7 -June 21, 2015.

Don't know if you'd be interested in Mr. Meatyard's visual sense of things. Requires a certain taste.
You can google his name and search his images to see his "Wildly Strange" view on life.

He was one of the many photographer/artists that I studied way back when and I was interested in seeing his actual prints. I'm glad I went because the black and white images were great to experience.

As I've written before, The Blanton is free on Thursdays - validate your parking stub inside, pay four dollars and stay all day. What a deal.

The parking lot was jammed all the way to the top final open to the sky level. Image above taken near my car. Beautiful day btw.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment