"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

GRAY DAYS BE GONE!


It's been one gray day after another - for what about a week? Longer? While waiting for the sun to reappear I dug back deep into my files for something colorful and cheery.

Here's a field of bluebonnets I took about five years ago. I loved the way the sunlight was coming through the trees and producing this mottled effect. Reminded me so much of light patterns by Monet or Renoir.  The dutch angle gave the effect a little more briskness.

Image was shot with the D80 at ISO 400 with -0.7 exp comp, f6.3 @ 1/160th ss with +6 in camera saturation. Handheld.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment