"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Monday, March 30, 2015

A SPRING BUZZARD



I went walking this morning looking for the first signs of spring. There's a little bit here and there but nothing of note. There's some bluebonnets (I'm so over taking pix of bluebonnets) but they're rather wimpy looking. The best month for flower pix is May just around the corner. 


Now mind you, not that turkey buzzards are all that photogenic. They're certainly not bald eagles.
But when the opportunity presents itself.

I was walking in a field and passed this discarded rusty cistern or large barrel affair. The bird was down inside sleeping or something. When I walked by he got spooked and jumped up making me jump.
This image is taken with a 50mm lens so I am literally about three feet from this old bird. I was so close I could hear him breathing heavily. And he's a pretty good size. Didn't take flight right away in fact we had a dialogue going. I don't think he understood what I was saying. He just flinched every time I clicked the shutter. After a couple of minutes he realized I wasn't roadkill and flew away.
Click image for bigger.

Thanks for stopping by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment