"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Thursday, February 19, 2015

THE TEA SET WITH A TWIST

     ©2015 Andy deBruyn

After taking the sunrise photos this morning I started to finish this set up. I was originally inspired by a painting by Claude Monet called "The Tea Set"

I place the teapot and cup/saucer on my working table several days ago and then let that swirl inside my head for awhile, adding and removing and re-positioning pieces.

The final image is lit mostly with natural light. I used reflectors to bounce window light back onto the set. There's a small penlight lighting the right side of the cup which was a little too dark for me.
A slight macabre twist on the original.

Camera was on a tripod with cable release, critical focus with the hood monitor in live mode zoomed into the back lip of the cup.
Lowest native ISO on the D7000 of 100. Aperture priority of f1.8, shutter speed of 1/15th. I used the 1.8 because I only wanted a couple of inches in critical focus. Lens was the Nikkor 50mm with UV filter removed. Post effect by Alien Skin.

Thanks for stopping by.

The original inspiration by Claude Monet, The Tea Set, 1872.


No comments:

Post a Comment