"Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time's relentless melt." Susan Sontag

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

SHORT LANDSCAPES

With the spring and summer months approaching, I'm looking forward to trekking out to some fields, glens, arroyos, and ponds to shoot what I call "short landscapes". I used that term because I like to photograph scapes that I can walk up to...as opposed to those that show a horizon that's ten miles away. 
I love Ansel Adams' work, those huge vistas that go on and on for miles but for myself I like
it when I can wrap my feet around it sorta speak.    







All images ©2010-2015 Andy deBruyn

Click top image for slides.

I'm browsing through some old files and will post some more short landscapes in the coming days.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment