"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

THE FUZZY LOGIC OF NATURE'S PATTERNS

I am a big abstract art fan. Kandinsky, Pollock, Motherwell, Rothko, and such. You know...all those guys.

Anytime I'm walking around making images and I spot something that reminds me of their work - it's click.

These images below are just a sample. Images 1 and 2 are straight from camera. Images 3 and 4, I played around with color, saturation, hue but did not add or subtract anything to the image.  
The bottom one is the most dramatic - I had drained it of color and was going to slowly
move the slider back to regain some saturation but loved the way it looked at this point and left it. 







Click top image for slides. Images are ©2015 Andy deBruyn



The tree isn't part of the above.  I just walked by it today and it's one of my favorite trees in the area. Quite past it's prime yet still regal and it's been there for years. Love the way the sun sculpts it.



Thanks for stopping by.

 
                                 Sorry another tree picture.        Can't help it...love tree pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment