"Precisely by slicing out this moment and freezing it, all photographs testify to time's relentless melt." Susan Sontag

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

SAME OLD OH HUM

Forty eight hours til 2015. What can I expect of myself for the new year? Well, more of the same.
I will continue to try and improve my craft with my favorite subjects.
  

TABLE TOPS

 PORTRAITS

                                                                      LANDSCAPES

Again, I want to thank everyone who takes time out of their busy day to stop by. 
Since starting this blog I've had 34,894 hits as of today. Not anyway near the big boys but I'm thrilled at my numbers. 

I've read that I could quadruple my hits if I talked about camera gear. Well, sorry that's not going to happen...I'll let the "big boys" take care of buying new gear as it comes out and blather about pixel this pixel that.

Me? equipment has never really mattered.  From reviewing my pix over the years, I've made the same kind of images whether it was an Olympus OM-1, a Pentax Spotmatic, a Nikon FM, 2 1/4 Yashica, 4x5 Linhof...not too mention my video works. My technique of framing/composition has stayed pretty much the same...the classic "rules" have always applied. My color interpretations have been from my visual gut - if I like it - I print it.

Don't know if I'll get to anything tomorrow but you all have a wonderful New Year's Eve and best wishes for the coming year.


All images ©2014 Andy deBruyn

If you are interested in purchasing a print please email me at unbutin@yahoo.com. That's goes
for portrait session info as well.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment