"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Thursday, November 13, 2014

SECOND TIME AROUND

©2014 Andy deBruyn
 
I recently published several images from this shoot with Maria. Usually I scan my contact sheet and make my initial selects which is what I first publish. Then I wait awhile - not any specific amount of time - but I will go back and visit a contact sheet maybe a few weeks later and see if there's anything of interest I overlooked.  This shot, somehow, I overlooked. I like this image a lot. Classic.

Technical stuff for those interested. Shot handheld with a Nikon D7000 fitted with the 50mm making
it essentially a 75mm on a cropped sensor. The ISO was 100, camera in manual mode with auto white balance. I kept the f stop at f5.6, the shutter speed 1/160th. Looking at the image, key light from the right is flash shooting thru a 45" Westcott Satin Umbrella. Flash is in manual set to 85mm
for a more concentrated pattern. The overall light is just open shade.
In post, I isolated Maria and made the background more painterly while keeping the subject photographic.

Click image for bigger.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment