"For art to exist, for any sort of aesthetic activity or perception to exist, a certain physiological precondition is indispensable: intoxication." Friedrich Nietzsche

Sunday, September 14, 2014

CACTI AND BULBS ON A RAINY DAY

 
I've been trying to get out of the house and shoot for the past week but the weather has been chilly, wet, and nasty. I had such a shutter finger I went out yesterday in the rain...these are the things that got soaked - my socks, hiking boots, jeans (from the knees down), jacket, head, and parts of the camera. The D7000 is supposed to be weather proofed...but not the lens. When I got back
I used a couple of shop cloths to dry it all off.
 
The smooth shiny texture of the purple bulbs growing out of the cacti reflect the cloudy but bright sky and make them pop. Not much else was grabbing my attention.
 
Maybe the weather will ease up a bit - I don't mind the chilly part at all (having spent the early part of my childhood in Boston) but the rain and the gear is the issue.
Time to build another indoor set.
 
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment