"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

THE PARMER EVENT CENTER IN THE MORNING SUN

                                                           ©2014 Andy deBruyn
 
If you are a regular reader of my blog (thank you so much) you know that
a couple of my favorite subjects are plants and flowers. I love
people portraits too but don't get to do those as much as I would like.
Third on the list would have to be architecture. 
 
 
Austin skyline early Sunday morning around 7 am.

 
From the Parmer Event Center looking eastward.

 
The last time I shot the PEC was about 3 or 4 years ago. I forget what time of day it was but this time I was going to get there before sun up. These images were made between 6:50 (sunrise) and
7:30am.
 

 
My love of architecture probably comes from living in Italy for 17 years. I don't think
there's a better place on the planet than Italy to study architecture. Germany, France, Mesopotamia, many countries on the globe,  all have such beautiful architecture too - but Italy being that jutting boot protruding down into the Tyrrhenian, Ionian, Adriatic and Mediterranean seas was the perfect shape for sea ports all around. From Genova, Naples, Bari to Venice, Italy has had centuries of importing influences from all over the world. 

 
OK, back to Austin.

 
The colors here keep shifting because of the rising sun and pointing the camera north and southward.
The light hasn't flatten and neutralized yet.

 
If you look at my post of a couple of days ago regarding overpasses and
flyovers -  this image is pretty similiar.  Don't know if this swooping swatch
of concrete serves any purpose other than aesthetics. I shaped this photograph
by positioning the chunks of blue sky, the negative space.

Yours truly with photo bag in tow.



 
I started this series with my 50mm then switched to the 18-135 for ease of composition on the wider shots. The skyline shots were on a tripod, the PECs are hand held.
 
All Images ©2014 Andy deBruyn
 
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment