"In the still water of the fountains one saw the splash of human faces, ignited by these gold and scarlet stars as they rose hissing into heaven like thirsty swans." from Justine by Lawrence Durrell.

Friday, August 29, 2014

DOWNTOWN

This morning I took the MetroRail downtown for a walkabout to see what I could see.
 
 They keep the temperature on the MetroRail somewhere around freezing.  I'm surprised I didn't see meat on a hook. Anyway, when I got off at the Convention Center my lens immediately fogged up when I hit the street. Here's looking west toward Congress.
 

 
Under 35 looking back toward the Downtown station.

Memorial to Vietnam Veterans
 
While walking around I discovered the Texas State Cemetery on 8th street. The grounds are simply beautiful.   

One view of the grounds.
 

 
At the east end of the cemetery there's a hill and on top is a place where you can sit, rest, meditate, pray, become quiet or just zen out. This is the view from that spot.
 
 
 
Brick and mortar - Steel and glass
 
I walked around for three hours so more images to come.
 
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment